Ancestors : Vegan Alternative Coffee Shop in Norwich



Since living in Norwich I've visited a wide range of independent, interesting coffee shops, however not many of them have stood out that much to me. On Saturday, this changed when I walked into Ancestors and was greeted with a minimalistic, Scandinavian style specialty coffee shop.





I originally intended to just go for some iced coffee and to have a chat with my friend who works there, but ended up staying for hours, as it was so authentic and inviting. Unfortunately, not much chemistry homework was done, but I did drink some really good Iced filter coffee with oat milk!






This vegan coffee shop has a very different feel compared to others in Norwich. Located on Magdalen street in Norwich North, a less crowded area of the city, rich in character and similar to East London in many ways, is the perfect location for this coffee spot.






I had a chat with the founder Ceiran, who along with his partner started the café, just under a year ago. Their wish was to have a coffee shop with ethical roots, selling fairtrade coffee with all plant based products, which is, in his opinion what the future looks like for the 4th wave, specialty coffee movement.




They want coffee made properly, and to my delight they sell good filter coffee for an affordable price. During our chat he told me their coffee is on a constant rotation, coming from 20 different roasters. They want to be able to give people their favourite styles of coffee, differently every time. People who love coffee all have their go-to, just like me and my latte's, but even your favourite style coffee can be made from a 100 different kinds of coffee beans.




Drinking a great cup of coffee surrounded by a beautiful, aesthetically pleasing shop is the best way to spend an afternoon in North Norwich, and I would definitely recommend ancestors if you're looking for just that!















For more information on Ancestors, follow their instagram @ancestorscoffee

Ancestors Coffee
Address: 1LE, 27 Magdalen St, Norwich


Comments

Popular Posts